Veteran criminal defense lawyers whose clients are incarcerated without bond during the COVID-19 pandemic are calling on the state’s chief justice to lift the suspension of a state law requiring that jailed defendants be given a bond if they have not been indicted within 90 days of their arrest.
- City manager 'relieved of his duties' after fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright
- Progressives peeved over lack of professional diversity and Big Law's presence in Biden's first slate of judicial picks
- Biden is expected to name a former top Obama-era federal prosecutor to lead the Justice Department's criminal division, sources say
- Seeking names for the leading attorneys and law firms that work with creators and influencers
- A crypto exec's resume listed Goldman, Lending Club and RBC. He didn't mention a prison break. Now a bankruptcy examiner claims he's an escapee.