She noted that many of those same challenges still exist. Chicago this year is on pace for more homicides than in 2016, when the total was the highest since the 1990s. And along with the rest of the nation, Chicago grappled with unrest following the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd, a Black man who gasped “I can’t breathe” as an officer knelt on his neck.
- City manager 'relieved of his duties' after fatal police shooting of Daunte Wright
- Progressives peeved over lack of professional diversity and Big Law's presence in Biden's first slate of judicial picks
- Biden is expected to name a former top Obama-era federal prosecutor to lead the Justice Department's criminal division, sources say
- Seeking names for the leading attorneys and law firms that work with creators and influencers
- A crypto exec's resume listed Goldman, Lending Club and RBC. He didn't mention a prison break. Now a bankruptcy examiner claims he's an escapee.