Houston voters ousted 339th District Judge Jesse McClure from the bench in the Democratic sweep in November, but now Gov. Greg Abbott has promoted him to the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals.
- Biden is expected to name a former top Obama-era federal prosecutor to lead the Justice Department's criminal division, sources say
- Seeking names for the leading attorneys and law firms that work with creators and influencers
- A crypto exec's resume listed Goldman, Lending Club and RBC. He didn't mention a prison break. Now a bankruptcy examiner claims he's an escapee.
- Medical examiner says George Floyd's encounter with former police officer Derek Chauvin caused his death
- Confessions of Big Law's burned-out associates: 5 current and former lawyers from firms like Cleary, Davis Polk, and Goodwin detail their nonstop daily work schedules